Maiale Japanese-Italian Restaurant, Ipoh

by - July 01, 2016

2 5 T H   J U N E   2 0 1 6

My family had this place booked about a week before for mum's birthday, my birthday and belated father's day dinner. I never knew about this place and it was definitely exciting to give it a try, and apparently it's very difficult to get a table if you do not book fast enough.


Dad, the calmest driver I know.



Address: No. 5, Jalan Dato Yeoh Cheng Lee, 30300 Ipoh, Perak.
(It's in the same area where Bricks & Barrels, Ipoh is located)






There's two types of set available to choose from:

CENA SET
Appetizer / Mushroom Soup + Pasta + Dessert + Coffee / Tea = RM38/person
or
Appetizer / Mushroom Soup + Meat + Dessert + Coffee / Tea = RM48/person

MAIALE SET
Appetizer + Pasta + Dessert + Coffee / Tea = RM52/person
or
Appetizer + Meat / Fish + Dessert + Coffee / Tea = RM62/person

Note: Each person must order at least a set.

What makes this restaurant so special? A Japanese chef cooking Italian food. Taste of food? A mixture. Also, they are well known for their homemade pasta too!


Before appetizer, we were all served with a plate of 3 different kinds of bread - similar style with Italiannies.

A P P E T I Z E R


Mix Appetizer Plate (6 kinds)

Had a few bites of it and it wasn't really what I would enjoy because most of it was like cold dish? I am never really a big fan it but I make an exception for sushi. 


Creamy Mushroom Soup


Appetizer of The Day (3 kinds)

M A I N   C O U R S E


Creamy Sakura Pork Belly Stew


Grilled Sakura Pork Pineapple Sauce


Grilled Pork with sauce-which-I-forgot.


Classic Carbonara

Meat was all tasty and tender. Portion may look a little small, but it was definitely filling. As for the carbonara, it looked really good but I did not try any because I was too full to do so.

D E S S E R T


Tiramisu.

My all time favourite dessert and it's like you can never go wrong with Tiramisu.


Creme Brûlée served in a glass egg shell.


Italian Milk Pudding (Panna Cotta)


Italian Semi Frozen Dessert (Semifreddo)


Family Portrait

If you're wondering what's with the glasses, my eye was slightly infected, so no contacts!

Overall, we had an enjoyable evening with good food as well as splendid table service. We spent RM200 that night but it's a 3 in 1 occasion. So, we'll make an exception for that. A really cozy restaurant and I love their interior because it's all white! For enquiries, call 05-2411405, or e-mail them at maiale@outlook.jp

Signing off. xx

Sincerely, Mels

You May Also Like

0 comments