21st Birthday Party

by - June 21, 2016

"Turning twenty one - a bitter sweet moment. It is exciting because one finally reaches the legal age. However, turning twenty one comes with great responsibilities in life. There will be greater challenges and obstacles I am sure. Life is going to be a bitter sweet journey, and I chose to begin my adulthood with a happy and memorable occasion."
_________________________________________________________________________

THE PLANNING


I literally started planning for the party towards the end of April when my birthday is only in June. However, I already knew the actual day of my birthday will be very near my final exams which happens to be that way every single year. So I had the date pushed forward two weeks earlier to avoid clashing with father's day weekend as well.

I went to several restaurants and cafes before settling with Jam & Kaya Cafe to get some quotations on how much it will cost to set up a party. The most ideal place that I wanted was Acme Bar & Coffee, Troika because the place is already gorgeous on its own. With a nice place and environment, comes with a great price as well. But that was all before I found out about Jam & Kaya Cafe. 



There is no minimum spend required for doing a party in Jam & Kaya Cafe. They are very efficient in accommodating to what you wish to have or to do for your party and most importantly, they are pretty efficient in replying e-mails! I told them my budget, and they came up with a party plan and had the food freshly prepared on that day.

The size of the cafe can fit about 35 people at a time, which restricts me from inviting too many people. It wasn't a problem for me as I was planning to have a small and intimate party with the V.I.P.s in my life. With the whole place to yourself, it feels so much better as compared to having partial closed cafe with other customers walking in and out during the party.

With the location settled, it was time to source for decorations and cakes!



Balloons were ordered and customized by Pixie Balloons. I opted for gold, pink, fuchsia, and white colours, with some being glittered and some were just normal latex balloons, as well as one main balloon which was the biggest of them all. Check out their Instagram page for ideas as well as for contact information. 



Cake & cupcakes were customized by Foret Blanc Patisserie

Cake - Vanilla Raspberry buttercream cake with fresh hydrangea flowers. 
Cupcakes - Red Velvet & Hazelnut. Icing colours were requested and customized.

Wired cake topping was from Batter.Batter


Table banner was D.I.Y.-ed. Made out from brown colored paper, floral wooden pecks & string. As for the jar of Ferrero Rocher, it was all bought (jar, Ferrero Rocher & ribbon) and put together to create the gold effect for the dessert table.
_________________________________________________________________________

THE DAY - BEHIND THE SCENES


The cafe was closed 1.5 hours before time and that gave us plenty of time to do up the place and also to wait for the external companies to deliver the balloons, cake and cupcakes.


Balloons were delivered in huge plastic bags!


It's fascinating how simple things like balloon with the correct colour combination could change the ambience of the whole place! Oh, and those flower balls hung on the window panes? My mum bought and D.I.Y.-ed it from Ipoh for me!



Photos were all taken by my sister who was my personal assistant that day. She took charge of my phone as well as behind the scene shots. Thank you, Adeline!
_________________________________________________________________________

THE DAY - PARTY TIME























Jon recently learnt how to make coffee art and he poured me one that day. Thanks bro! 








Taylor's Angels


Ohana


UTAR & Main Convent lovelies


Friendship Forever Brothers & Sisters


The late comers


Thank you everyone for making this party ever more perfect. Here's to a new beginning, a new journey of life, and being a big big girl in a big big world.

Official Photographer: Twins Photography

Shoutout to Adeline for the extra photos and video footages!

_________________________________________________________________________

PRESENTS



From my parents: Diamond Necklace & 21st Key White Gold Pendant


From my sister: Handbag from Victoria's Secret



From best buddy aka Belle: Jersey hoodie, Notebook, Sweets & DIY Photo Frames


From Shaz: Sheaffer Pen & Notebook


From Marissa & Mick: Necklace from Lovisa


From Jxhia: Pandora Camera Charm


From Melanie, Adam, Irwan & Josh: Pandora Heart Shape Charm


From Eunice & Terry: Eyeliner


From Jessica: Masks, Blusher, Perfume from Victoria's Secret & Lip Tint from Benefit


From Jonathan: Innisfree Gift Pack


From Amanda & Sabrina: Bath Gel & Shampoo from Sephora



From Wit Nie: Perfume & Body Lotion from The Body Shop


From Joel, Evelynn & Billy: Crabtree & Evelyn Gift Pack


From Jasmine & Lullaby: Perfume from Zara
_________________________________________________________________________

VLOG


_________________________________________________________________________

PS: More photos to be uploaded on my Facebook profile, and also this has got to be one of the longest and hardest blogpost to write because of the amount of nice images that I got!


Sincerely, Mels

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Undoubtedly! 21st birthday is a special one for all girls and boys. So was for me and my twin sister. We celebrated it with our dear ones at one of the famous Los Angeles event venues last year. It was a fabulous one. Got mind blowing gifs from all. Mac Makeup cake and gem cupcakes were amazing. Our mother showered us with lots of love and her precious blessings.

    ReplyDelete