MERCHANT'S LANE, KUALA LUMPUR

by - May 15, 2017


It was a laid back Sunday and we were taking things rather slow on that day. As lazy as I was to even step out of the apartment to get food, I was tempted to visit a cafe. Oh, this was even before we went to LOKL (previous post), but I somehow manage to get that post out first even before I was done with this one. Haha. Anyways, I've heard and seen pictures of this place before but somehow never made a trip there prior to this. And so, we I suggested to dine there, and it was already 2.30pm when we arrived. 


After we found a place to park a few shops away, we began searching for the entrance to the cafe. I was looking for something grand or at least obvious to lure customers in, but I was super surprised to see an entrance like this! A unique concept, but at the same time, I can't help but notice the stationery shop next to it as well. Side by side with the same entrance size, one of it seems to be getting more business than the other. A classic looking stationery shop, with dusty updated planners and diaries for sale, ran by just a single elderly lady staring out at the walkway as people enter the door next to her shop but not hers. 

I don't know if I have ever mentioned this before, but I have a soft spot for senior citizen, especially those who still has to work to earn themselves a living. When we left the cafe, we popped by the stationery shop and got a few things - things which I may not necessarily need but just for the sake of giving some business to the elderly lady. 

Anyways, back to Merchant's Lane...



There's more beyond the door but I was too shy to just walk around. Hehh



Interior was nice and cosy, but even though we were there at 2.30pm, there was still a queue which we waited for almost 30 minutes before a table was available. 





Food & service was great, but as much as I hope to be able to give a 5 star review to every cafe that I went to, I have to say that this one felt slightly overpriced. But besides that, overall, it was still a wonderful experience. 

Location:
150, Jalan Petaling, City Centre, 50000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan
(Can be found on Waze too!)

Business Hours:
Monday - Friday : 11.30AM - 10PM (Close on Wednesdays)
Saturday & Sunday : 9.30AM - 10PM

Contact Number:
03-2022 1736

You May Also Like

0 comments