Things You Get To Do Working From Home

by - March 31, 2020


Hey guys. Guess who's back! It has definitely been a while since I wrote and there's no better time to come back. If you've yet to know (unless you're a Malaysian and you don't know this, I don't know what to say), Malaysia is currently under a Movement Control Order due to the Covid-19 outbreak. It was initially just for 14 days, and it recently got extended for another 2 weeks. Which means, we are all just gonna be stuck at home and most of us are already going a bit nuts with the boredom that we've been facing daily.

As for me, my company has been working from home since almost 2 weeks ago. It's not THAT common for us here to get to work from home on a regular basis, so we were all definitely excited initially about this new arrangement. For all of us who have been wishing to work from home finally got a full taste of how it would be like! And for once in 2.5 years I'm actually utilising the desk in my room for proper work and not storage purposes 😅

While I was taking a break from work one day, it just came into my mind that it would be fun to write about this! So, here's a POV from a girl who finally got to experience what it's like working from home and the best things about it!


Sniff your 'bantal busuk' the WHOLE DAY





Who here looks forward going home to smell your smelly pillow after a long day at work? 🙋🏻‍♀️ Not going to deny that I'm one of them! #shameless 🙈 One thing I've been enjoying the most is getting to sniff it anytime I want all day, everyday - especially while working. Oh Lord! I can't explain the privilege to be able to sniff it while working. People need coffee to hurdle on but me? I just need one (or more than one) whiff of it 🤤 And I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one enjoying this, but I may be enjoying it a little too much 🌚


Take that post-lunch power nap


Don't we all struggle everyday trying to stay awake post-lunch when we're in office? - especially after a great dose of Nasi Lemak! 😴 Now that we're all working from home, there's no need to fight it anymore. Temporarily at least. Do remember to set your alarm to wake up in 20 minutes or else you'll be playing a game called nap roulette 🌚 But I guess as long as you get your job done and deliver it on time eh? 


Poop in peace


Don't we all feel a little insecure about doing a number 2 when we're outside? 👀 - especially when you're at work! 🙃 Well, I'm pretty sure we have all been anxious-free about it the past 2 weeks. I can't explain the joy of being able to go any time and not needing to worry about having spicy food for lunch! 🤤


Pyjamas party all day


I can't remember the last time I ran out of home-clothes to wear 😱 and it's such a rare sight to see my working clothes section untouched in my wardrobe!  Okay, I work in a place that doesn't actually require a corporate attire but I still have some clothes picked out just for work. And for those of you who works in corporate, it must have been super life changing! So, do you guys actually prefer to be working in your work clothes or home clothes? 🤨


See your colleague's true self


If only I'm a quarter as cute 🙃

There's no better opportunity to see your colleagues' 'true self' during your morning team conference call. This is probably your only chance to see them before their morning rituals of waxing hair and slapping on makeup (no eyebrows!) 😱 And unfortunately, I'm one of them 🙃 My face is super puffy in the morning and my RBF in the morning is somehow 10x enhanced. It's pretty easy to spot a just-woke-up Mel 🌚



Home cooked lunch


"Today eat what?" "What do you wanna eat?" "Where do you wanna eat?" Aren't these questions all too familiar? 🙄 It's been 2 weeks since I broke my streak of eating mixed rice for lunch that's just across my office (and also because it's cheap)! Feels good to have a change of lunch-routine with some home cooked lunch except that after the 3rd day of MCO, I started getting so lazy to cook anything! 😅 Kinda miss having mixed rice tho!


Save petrol money


I honestly don't remember the last time I went to get gas! Heck, I did not even start my car for 10 days straight until I needed to head out to get groceries. 😱 It's been kinda nice to see my money stay in my bank account - and it's not just for gas but for anything at all because there's just nothing to pay for except for groceries (or online shopping which I'm so proud that I didn't cave!. Yet.) 🌚



So, there you have it guys! A super random piece to revive my blog 🤣 Hope you guys had fun reading (or maybe I may have just exposed my lameness to the world) 🌚. Kbye.


Sincerely, Mels


You May Also Like

0 comments