TURNING 22

by - July 27, 2017

I TURNED 22! ... last month


24th June 2017

My family came down to KL to spend the weekend with me in conjunction of my mum's birthday as well as mine, and also a belated Father's Day. We got ourselves a 2-day-1-night stay in Hilton, Petaling Jaya. It was an amazing experience as my parents got the executive room, which we also got to enjoy a few extra facilities and services offered by the hotel.




Have been trying my best to stay off big eye circle lenses and I had such a difficult time readjusting to my natural look :/


In the evening, my sister, dad and I went to the pool for a short evening swim. It really has been a long time since we went for a family swim. The last time we swam together was probably many many years ago when we were still a member at a resort in Ipoh.



In the evening, I took my family on their first UBER experience to MidValley to walk around for a bit after a filling dinner at the hotel. We were all just so relaxed that night and for once, time doesn't seem to be passing at all. At about 9pm, we decided to head back to the hotel to chill at the executive lounge while sipping on hot chocolate. 

25th June 2017


The next morning, we indulged ourselves to the complimentary breakfast at the hotel and my oh my, it was delicious! We then headed out to KL City to have a look at a few properties and show-units until lunch time.


Lunch at the hotel was equivalent scrumptious as well and we all were in a serious food coma because of the all-you-can-eat for both breakfast and lunch! Before leaving the restaurant, a cake was served by a waiter and waitress for both my mum and I for our birthday. 


They all then left back to Ipoh, while I got ready for a dinner meet up / celebration with Belle! 


We had our dinner at After Black, a cafe in Bandar Sunway. She got me a few presents which were all nice and thoughtful, and then a surprise cake at the end of the night!


A fireworks candle was lit while the cake was served.

27th June 2017

A lunch date with Eunice in MidValley, which turned out to be a surprise from her, Shaz, Roxy and then we were joined by Terry slightly later. We didn't manage to take a group shot, but thanks to Eunice she managed to record a short clip of me when Roxy and Shaz walked into the restaurant with a cake and singing Happy Birthday. 

28th June 2017

First half of the day was spent doing karaoke with Belle! She found this cheap deal for Loudspeaker, but the deal was ending soon. Hence, we decided to go for it on one of the weekdays, which is also my actual birthday-day. Haha. I had an amazing time singing although my voice can't make it at all, but it was an interesting activity to let out all the negativity and issues that I have been going through. 

In the evening, Sabrina came to pick me up to go to Desa Park City to walk her dog. It was suppose to be a group outing that we were trying to plan but the planning didn't quite work out and so it was just Sabrina and I. Or so I thought.


She first brought me to an open park to let her dog run around a little, and play fetch. 5 minutes in and it started pouring. Heavily! We were both bumped that we came all the way to Desa Park City and it rained! We took shelter in the car and ended up waiting for 30 minutes. I didn't suspect a thing as I myself was hopeful for the rain to stop so that we can continue to walk her dog and hopefully take some nice shots. 

When the rain slowed down, Sabrina suggested that we take the umbrella down and head to the nearby shops. I agreed that I would accompany her for dinner as I had plans with Thomas later that night, when her phone rang and it was Melanie that called. Sabrina then later told me Melanie is here with her family so we should go by to say hi. Little did I know... May and Melanie were getting ready to pull off a surprise for me! 

I was genuinely shocked, surprise and so so happy! 



While having dinner, I got a call from a delivery guy which I was told that an item has been delivered to my place. I couldn't think of anyone that would send me anything and heck even knew where I was staying at that time. When I got back, I was greeted with.............

THE WRONG BOUQUET OF FLOWERS!

The receptionist then told me that my mum called the place a few times to ask if the flowers that she had ordered arrived yet, and that went on for the entire evening! She was very disappointed and upset that the surprise didn't go as planned, but I was genuinely touched and happy that my mum took the extra mile to make sure my actual birthday-day was a wonderful one.

29th June 2017

After loads of clarification and calling, the delivery guy manage to get the bouquets swapped and I finally received the right one and IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!


Later that evening, I had plans with my university friends that I met when I first entered university. After semester 1, we all got split according to our majors. Since our university days were coming to an end, we thought a reunion would be nice to catch up with everyone. 

And my oh my... it turned out to be ANOTHER BIRTHDAY SURPRISE!

I definitely had the most birthday surprises planned for me this year. And words can't describe how thankful and happy I am for all that has happened. Another year older, but turning 22 wasn't so bad when you have such loving people around you.

VLOG:


Signing off.

You May Also Like

2 comments


  1. You can definitely see your expertise within the work you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren't afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart. msn hotmail sign in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having children of my very own, I view the importance of conserving money any way possible, especially on your own mortgage. mortgage payment calculator Always speak to your lender first before applying principal payments. mortgage calculator

    ReplyDelete